Brandberg, also known as the "sunny village", is a tiny and homelike holiday village situated on the south-facing hillside of the "Zillergrund". As a centrepiece of the "Hochgebirgs Naturpark Zillertaler Alpen" the Zillergrund is certainly one of the most beautiful scenic areas in the Zillertal.
The small village at about 1.050 m above sea level is surrounded by blooming meadows and dark green forests and offers its visitors a well-deserved rest and relaxation from everyday stress.
For hikers and nature lovers is provided, ranging from easy trails to extreme mountain tours - the very thing for everybody.
You can explore the 5 side valleys, which all come up with their own reservoir, on numerous hiking and biking trails. All side valleys are easily accessible by public and private transport, and the countless restaurants and snack-bars invite the visitors to a delightful break. To cool down you can visit one of our 6 outdoor swimming pools as well as bathing lakes.
In the village centre there is a soccer ground with a newly created playground for young and old.
- Hiking to one of the numerous alpine huts of the Zillertal
- Rafting, paragliding, climbing on one of the many fixed rope routes and high rope courses and much more
- Ceremonial driving down of cattle from the mountain pastures into the valley in autumn (tradition & celebrations)
- Zillertaler Höhenstrasse (Zillertal High Road with panoramic view of the Zillertal Alps)
- Schlegeis Alpine Road to reservoir
- Reservoir Zillergrund, Reservoir Stilluptal, Reservoir Gerlos
- Hinertuxer Glacier (visit the Ice Palace also in summer)
- "Eagle Stage" at Ahorn mountain (raptor show)
- Golf course Zillertal and miniature golf courses
- Zillertalbahn (explore the valley by rail)
Mayrhofen has a special charm. The bustling main street is summer or winter meeting place for locals and guests. Numerous shops invite you to stroll and cafes to linger. In between you will find true craftsmanship and genuine traditions. In the countless restaurants and inns you can enjoy delicious home as well as international cuisine. And in the evening the main street is transformed into a nightlife disctrict.
High Mountain Nature Park Zillertal Alps
Here in Brandberg you can get away from it all - right in the middle of the High Mountain Nature Park Zillertal Alps. A "rest area" on the Zillertal main ridge (1000-3509 m) will make you forget your everyday life. 80 glaciers, three large reservoirs and several mountain and cirque lakes are located in this 372km2 large area - it's a must see for each Brandberg-holidaymaker.